About Foster Recreation:
The Town of Foster’s Recreation Committee is comprised of a Director and a small group of volunteers who advocate for children’s sports, recreational and community activities for the residents of Foster. We strive to offer fun and educational activities to enhance the quality of life for our children and families living in Foster. The following is a list of some of our activities and areas of involvement:
- Support and funding of children's non-profit, organized sports programs.
- Woody Lowden recreational facility, including a soccer field, walking track, and the Mike Polouski Baseball Field.
- Secured grant to build the baseball, soccer field, and walking track.
- Assist with maintenance and improvments of the Woody Lowden Cabin and surrounding playground.
- "Easter in the Valley" Egg Hunt in conjunction with town libraries.
- Annual Halloween Dance at Captain Isaac Paine School
- Educational and Recreational course offerings of yoga, zumba, floral arranging, and other classes from local talent.
- Other successful events have included St. Patrick's Day winter celebration, cookie swaps, summer movie nights, swimming at the YMCA, skating at the Smithfield Ice Rink, adult volleyball, bus trips, community yard sale, little farmers play area at the Foster Old Home Days, and many others.
- Foster Recreation also supports the Young at Heart seniors and the Summer Concert series.